The Presence of God – Psalm 16:11
The presence of God envelopes the personality of God, it carries the entire (the Creative, Productive and the Destructive) power of God. The Creative, to Create for you, whatever you wish to bring into existence; the Productive power to Generate for you, the idea and initiative for maximum and unimaginable results; and the Destructive power to destroy/put to where he belongs, any devil that wants to show his ugly face in whatever progress you are making.
OUR CASE STUDY – Joseph -- Genesis 39:1-End.
Joseph was a teenager slave boy who really enjoyed the presence of God during his lifetime here on earth despite all the roughness of the road to his destiny. The presence of God he carried, caused him to prosper in all that he laid his hands on to do and everywhere he finds himself. My Bible tells me in verse 3; 21; & 23 that the Lord was with him. The Lord being with him made him to achieve outstanding result and attain the peak position his career.
HOW TO ATTRACT THE PRESENCE OF GOD
- Purity – 2 Timothy 2:19-21.
- Righteousness – Proverbs 14:34.
- Holiness – Hebrews 12:14.
- The Word of God – Joshua 1:8; Luke 5:17
ACTIVATING THE PRESENCE OF GOD
(Making the PRESENCE of God you carry to Work for you)
- Dedication -- 1st Timothy 4:15.
- Discipline – Romans 12:2.
- Commitment – 2nd Timothy 2:2; 1st Thessalonians 4:11.
- Service – Genesis 39:11; Revelation 7:15.
Challenges and Lessons from our Case Subject – Joseph
- Temptations - Genesis 39:7-12
- Lied Against - Genesis 39:14:18
- Naked/striped of his garment (he experienced shame and disgrace).
- Imprisoned – He was caged physically, but he never allowed his mind, gift, talent and potent abilities to be caged Genesis 39:20.
- He was a responsible and reliable son, steward and slave, prisoner, reputable leader, and also a servant/minister of the Most High. Genesis 37:12-18; 39:3-6, 8-9, 22-23.
- He was humble and obedient.